Strawbery Banke Museum is located in beautiful, historic Portsmouth, New Hampshire on the southern bank of the Piscataqua River. Portsmouth is 1 hour north of Boston, 1 hour south of Portland, and 1 hour east of Manchester.
Directions to Strawbery Banke Museum
- From either I-95N or I-95S, take exit 7 (downtown Portsmouth)
- At the end of the ramp, head south towards the center of Portsmouth: left if coming from the north, right if coming from the south.
- Proceed approximately one mile, through one traffic light, to a yellow blinking light. At this blinking light veer to the right onto Russell Street. At the stop sign at the end of Russell Street, take a right.
- At the next intersection, make a left turn onto Maplewood Ave. Stay in the left lane and go through 2 sets of lights. At the third set of lights take a left onto State Street.
- Get into the right-hand lane on State Street. Go through 2 sets of lights and continue to the stop sign where State Street intersects with Marcy Street.
- Take a right onto Marcy Street. (Prescott Park will be on the left hand side). Proceed on Marcy Street, past Mombo Restaurant and take the next right, which is Hancock Street. The Strawbery Banke Museum parking lot is on your immediate right. Museum ticketing is in the Tyco Visitors Center, conveniently located adjacent to the parking lot.
GPS Coordinates for Strawbery Banke Museum:
Please click here to download the Strawbery Banke Parking Map