Saturday and Sunday, December 7-8, 14-15, 21-22, 2013
Saturdays from 5:00pm-9:00pm & Sundays from 4:00pm-8:00pm
'Winter's Eve on Puddle Dock"
Stroll through life in a simpler time as 350 years of American history, winter traditions, and holiday celebrations unfolds around you in New Hampshire's oldest waterfront neighborhood.
- Historic houses from four centuries decorated in period regalia
- Hundreds of candles lighting the lanes and landscape
- Gingerbread house contest and display.
- Live music and holiday entertainment for all ages
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Holiday decoration demonstrations
- Traditional barrel making demonstrations
- 18th century holiday hearth cooking
- Tinsmith demonstrations
- ...and so much more!
Bring the whole family for a wholesome stroll through the sights, sounds, and smells of New England's favorite holiday season.
Tickets: Adults $20.00, Children (5-17) $10.00, Families (2 adults and your children ages 17 and under) $50.00. Children 4 and under are FREE. Active duty military discount. Tickets are non-refundable.
Guided Holiday House Tours, weekdays, Dec 26-30
Guided tours of five decorated historic houses at Strawbery Banke Museum offered on the hour, 10am to 2 pm. Adults $15, children 5-17 $10, children under 5 free
Candlelight Stroll is a signature event of Portsmouth's Vintage Christmas
- the month of December filled with Strolls, Shows, and Stayovers. Travel + Leisure says Portsmouth has good reason to claim the title of "Christmas Capital of North America" and the Boston Globe says Vintage Christmas in Portsmouth is "One of the top ten holiday things not to miss in New England. " For complete details of the Vintage Christmas events please visit the Vintage Christmas website
Event Parking Information:
There is only handicapped parking available at the Museum for Candlelight Stroll. All other visitors should utilize the free Vintage Christmas Trolley and public parking areas. The City of Portsmouth provides the free Vintage Christmas trolley, which runs on a 20-minute loop, from 1:30pm - 10:30pm on the first three Saturdays and Sundays in December*. The heated and decorated trolley will pick up and drop off visitors at parking lots, hotels, and other sites around town. There is a trolley stop right at Strawbery Banke Museum as well as The Music Hall. Please click here for a map for the free Vintage Christmas Trolley. Please click here for a map with additional parking information.
* The free Vintage Christmas trolley will be in the City of Portsmouth Holiday Parade on Saturday, December 1 and will not be available from 5-7pm.
Weather Information: Candlelight Stroll will be held regardless of weather conditions. Tickets are nonrefundable and non-transferable.